With level 2, we are now allowed back to groups of 100. That means football can get restarted, but with some social distancing precautions.
We’ve been working hard to design some field layouts, and moving some game times to ensure everyone is kept safe. There will be further communications from grade co-ordinators and playing chairs, but a quick summary on how we are aiming to get a few more weeks of football:
- Grade 5 and 6 will be on Saturday morning.
- Grades 7, 8 and 9 will be running on Friday night with the added excitement of being under lights for the 8 and 9 year olds!
- In-house grade 10, 11 and 12 will be on Saturday morning, with a slightly wider spread on game times.
- For NRF (external) 10-17 grade teams we have entered a “mini-league” with several other clubs, all teams have been surveyed and draws around your availability are being worked out now.
- For Seniors Nick has been in touch with most of your managers.
For all grades please remember we are doing everything we can to make this work, please work with us on this. We might need to slightly shorten games to ensure some spacing between matches.
Your opposition might be short a player or two, so your team could lend a player or take someone off to even up numbers. Plans may change slightly from week to week.
Please no shared half time oranges.
Please no spectators where possible, we appreciate very small children need a level of supervision, but we’d prefer to keep that to one parent.
There will be a further email later in the week re Summer Football. We’ve got a great 8 week programme planned for Wednesday nights, with the club massively subsidising the cost – $100 per team rather than the usual $350. That will start Wednesday 14th October.
Lastly don’t forget about the holiday programme, available both weeks. Details are here: https://aucklandunitedfc.org.