All community football postponed until 2 May
The TKU/AUFC Committee will update all our members as information comes to hand. For clarity, this is all football that TKU/AUFC is involved in, involving junior, youth and senior football, including,
The TKU/AUFC Committee has also postponed all
– Club Training (suspended until April 18)
– Gear night (new date will be advised)
– Coach Education (new date will be advised)
– Club Open Day (new date will be advised)
STATEMENT FROM NZ FOOTBALL (18 March):
Out of concern for our community’s health amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, the start of the community football season has been postponed until 2 May.
This difficult decision has been reached by NZ Football in agreement with the seven Federations, to help prevent community spread of COVID-19.
Measures being taken include:
- Community football, including junior, youth, senior, social and regional competitions including NRFL, the NRF Men’s and Women’s Conference competitions and the NRFL Youth League – all play postponed until 2 May
- Community futsal including junior, youth, senior and social competitions – all play postponed until May 2nd. The 2020 Secondary Schools Futsal Championships set for late March has been cancelled. Tertiary Futsal championships are postponed until a date to be confirmed, and all other competitions are being reviewed.
- Workshops and courses – including coaching and refereeing courses postponed until after 2 May.
- Meetings – all federation meetings postponed until further notice
All training should be suspended until 18 April, or two weeks prior to the start of the season. Recommendations around safe practice will be continue to be updated, aligning with Ministry of Health guidelines.
NZ Football updates will be posted at www.nzfootball.co.nz/covid19