With only a few weeks to go, we thought we should provide an update on things happening around the club. We also include an update about the Covid-19 virus.
Many of you will be wondering about the impact of the Covid-19 Coronavirus on our football season. Currently the Government does not have restrictions on sporting events of the small size and open nature that we tend to hold, and therefore at this stage, we are continuing to programme our season as per usual, including our Open Day on April 4th. However, the situation globally and locally has been changing rapidly and we can assure you that we will continue to follow the advice of AFF/NZF when it comes to both matches and general contacts. We will keep you updated if and as things change and trust that you will be patient as we develop strategies to deal with this if required. Please click HERE to see the latest AFF/NZF statement
- As everyone knows, this year is the first year for Auckland United Football Club. Both TKU and AUFC will field teams this year, with juniors and senior community teams playing under the TKU banner for 2020.
- On April 4th, TKU is running an open day at Keith Hay Park to welcome new and existing junior footballers to the club for 2020. If you know someone who is thinking about playing football in 2020 then please let them know about the Open Day. This will go ahead unless we hear further guidance about the Covid-19 virus from AFF/NZF. More details can be found on our Facebook page HERE .
- Remember, registrations are open now, so if you haven’t registered then please do so at this link
- We have appointed Adidas as our official gear provider for Auckland United in 2020, and the new AUFC strip looks fantastic! In 2020, our NRFL teams and the Academy teams will be wearing the new strip, with our Grassroots 5-17th grade and senior teams playing in the TKU strip. Most of these teams will already own a TKU strip so this enables an extra year of use from this gear. For those that need TKU shirts, shorts and socks we will be selling all the TKU strip at near cost price as 2020 will be the last year it can be used.
- Many people have now been down at Keith Hay Park and seen the new clubhouse forming alongside the Number 1 playing field. The roof and floor should be going in this week and we are hoping to have it all closed in before winter comes. The project is proceeding well and the finish date is still scheduled for September/October. It’s an amazing design and when finished will be one of the most outstanding sports pavilions in New Zealand.
See you at the park!